Friday, September 28, 2007

Couple of Days.


I haven't posted every day, as I had originally planned, but that's okay -- not much has happened. I ran my PRQ, 64 sit-ups, 67 push-ups, 10:40 on the 1.5 mile run. Not bad. I really should have pushed my run harder, as I probably could have knocked it down to around 10:20 or less. I don't like Navy style sit-ups. My lower back doesn't bend as much as other peoples', so I have to pretty much go all the way down, and then all of the way up to get one rep in, whereas other people only go down pretty much to their lower back and back up, effectively cutting their time in half. I guess my full range of motion is good, but in a timed evolution, it isn't an advantage. My pushups could have been higher too, but the CrossFit exercises still had worked my hard last week. My suggestion for anyone starting the program is to push yourself as hard as you can, but know that you may have to take an extra day or two off to recover, until you develop the fitness that the program demands.

Not much else is going on. I'm a bit sad, as I will be leaving soon for patrol, and I have been spending a lot of time with my family. I don't mind the Navy so much as I mind leaving, and having absolutely no contact with them for so long. It's pretty rough if you are married with kids. Abianne has been watching Cars on almost a daily basis. She absolutely loves the movie. If you have a young one who hasn't seen it, I would suggest you let them watch it. Aidan learned how to crawl forward yesterday. I am so proud he figured it out before I leave! He isn't quite proficient at it, be at least he doesn't get upset when trying to crawl now. Kids grow and learn so fast. Jennifer also makes me proud. She has been taking online classes, along with staying at home with the kids. I know watching them all day in and day out is no easy chore, but she does it, and does it better than anyone in the world. I don't know what I would do without her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby....I love you!!!

Jen